Raw sprouted chickpea hummus is a great recipe for summer. Its fresh, raw and healthy and can be added as a spread on for a wrap or as a dip.
I used mine in a homemade falafel wrap.
- 1 ½ Cups Sprouted Chickpeas ** ( see below)
- Handful fresh chopped coriander
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – chopped
- ½ Medium green chilli
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ Teaspoon ground tumuric
- ½ Teaspoon Asafoetida or Onion powder
- Pink Salt or Sea Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Blend all the ingredients in a food processer and pulse until you have thick creamy texture.
Serve in a bowl on its own or as a side to any dish
- Cover dry chickpeas in filtered water and soak them for 12 hours.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain chickpeas twice a day for the next 2-4 days until chickpeas have tiny sprouted “tails” (No longer or they will taste bad!).
- Discard any of the beans that turn to mush or rot instead of sprout.