• 2 cups diced okra
• 2 medium sweet potato – chopped
• 1 large white onion – sliced
• 1 cup of cooked green lentils
• 1 cup cooked brown lentils
• 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper de-seeded- chopped
• 2-3 cloves garlic – crushed
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 2 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 teaspoon Black Pepper
• Salt to taste
• 1 tablespoon Mild Curry powder
. 1 tablespoon tamari sauce or soya sauce
• 400ml coconut milk
• 1 cup of water if needed
• 1 tablespoon of coconut or sunflower oil.
Heat a large pan with oil, add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds and onions and sauté for at-least a minute. Add rest of the spices and pepper. Mix. Add sweet potatoes, lentils, okra and coconut milk/water, add salt to taste and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender (add a little water if necessary).
Serve with cooked quinoa or brown rice.